ABOUT VARICOSE VEINS
Often misunderstood as a cosmetic condition, varicose veins are actually a medical condition caused by faulty, weakened valves that regulate the bloodflow in your veins. Varicose veins form in the legs when blood pools in the veins and dilates the side branches of the veins, causing them to appear enlarged, bulging, and twisted.
Symptoms can include: pain, swelling, itching, throbbing, heavy legs, spasms, skin discoloration around the ankles, and ulcers on the skin around the ankles.
- Varicose veins are bluish in color, typically larger than 3mm
- Extremely common condition that affects up to 1/3 of the population
- Affects people of all ages from teens to 90s+
- More common in women than men, and more common in women who have had multiple children
- Genetic; runs in families
LEG MAKEOVER - VARICOSE VEIN TREATMENTS
– Effectively minimizes visible varicose veins
– Most procedures take just 10-15 minutes
– No sedation, anesthesia, surgery, or scars
– Minimal discomfort & minimal downtime
The treatment of venous disease often requires the treatment of primary abnormal veins and the subsequent treatment of the branches (varicose veins and spider veins). With the varicose vein LEG MAKEOVER, Dr. Golshan takes a dual-treatment approach to minimize the appearance of varicose veins and treat the source of varicose veins.
Used to treat the primary abnormal vein
- Varithena is a brand name of injectable polidocanol foam medication.
- A cooling, numbing spray is applied topically, then Varithena is injected into the primary vein using a very small needle.
VARICOSE VEIN FOAM SCLEROTHERAPY
Used to treat branch veins after the treatment of the primary abnormal vein
- Foam Sclerotherapy is an injection of polidocanol foam medication into the vein. Polidocanol foam is custom-mixed for treatment.
- A cooling, numbing spray is applied topically, then the polidocanol foam is injected into the branch veins using a very small needle.